Rustic Hake & Mushy Peas
100g McCain Rustic Chips. Click for Product Info
15ml Chip Seasoning
80g McCain Peas. Click for Product Info
Beer Battered Hake
1 each Hake Fillet
½ cup Flour
1 can Beer
- For the batter, mix beer and flour together then whisk until smooth, thin texture is achieved. Season with salt & pepper
- Heat the McCain frozen peas in a pot then add butter, cream and seasoning. Mash the peas until smooth then set aside.
- Deep fry McCain Rustic Chips until cooked and golden, then season with chip seasoning. See our Cooking Tips Guide
- Pat dry hake fillet, dust in seasoned flour then dip into the batter. Deep fry until hake is cooked and golden.
- Serve with chips and mushy peas.
Want the Inside Track on Business Tips, New Products, Menu Inspirations & Toolkits?