300 g McCain Mediterranean Roast Vegetables
30 ml olive or vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
380 ml (110 g) fresh breadcrumbs
15 ml dried mixed herbs
100 ml (100 g) salted butter, melted
6 extra large eggs
100 ml fresh full cream milk
50 g cherry tomatoes, halved
150 ml (70 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
Servings4 - 6
- Preheat oven to 200°C, grease a 12 hollow muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the McCain Mediterranean Roast Vegetables in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes until cooked and lightly coloured, allow to cool slightly and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile for the base; mix the breadcrumbs, mixed herbs and melted butter in a mixing bowl, spoon 20 ml each of the breadcrumb mixture into the muffin tin and press down with the back of a spoon gently to cover the bottom.
- In a measuring jug, whisk the eggs and milk together and season.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the roast vegetables and mix, spoon the mixture into the muffin tin then cover each one with enough egg mixture to cover.
- Top the quiches with grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden and the eggs are set.
- Allow the quiches to cool in the tin slightly before turning out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Replace the McCain Mediterranean Vegetables with McCain Classic Roast Vegetables.
- Replace the grated Cheddar with 75 g feta cheese, crumbled.
- Run the back of a butter knife around the edge of each quiche before removing to ensure it hasn’t stuck.