Green Bean & Risotto Rice Salad
15 ml butter
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
500 ml risotto rice, uncooked
5x 250 ml (1.25L) chicken stock
180 g McCain Green Beans
45 ml basil pesto
4 spring onions, chopped
50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
5 g basil leaves, torn
30 ml shaved Parmesan, to serve
- Sauté garlic and butter in a large saucepan, add risotto rice and the vegetable stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Cook on medium heat until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is cooked, adding more stock if necessary. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan filled with boiling water, simmer the McCain Green Beans for 2-3minutes, drain and set aside.
- Toss the rice with pesto, spring onions, green beans and grated Parmesan.
- Season to taste and garnish with basil leaves and shaved Parmesan.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Alternatively use McCain Garden Peas.
- Serve this recipe warm as a winter meal, or at room temperature as a summer salad.
- Add 125 g crispy bacon or shredded tuna to this recipe.