150g McCain Potato Crispers
100g salami, roughly chopped
100g mozzarella, cubed
60g black olives, pitted
Small hand full fresh basil
For the Tomato sauce:
30 ml olive oil
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
½ stick of celery, washed and roughly chopped
2x 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
40g tomato paste
5 ml honey
Extra fresh basil to serve
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 -6
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry the onions and the garlic until soft and translucent for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the celery and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes with the sauce, the tomato paste and honey. Press the whole tomatoes to a finer consistency using a fork.
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Preheat the oven to 180°
- Pour the tomato sauce in a medium ovenproof bowl, add the salami and olives, and mix through.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cubes over and press some into the sauce with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the dip for 5-7minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is bubbling. Carefully remove from the oven.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and serve warm with loads of McCain Crispers
- Enjoy scooping with Family and Friends
#McCainCrispers #CheesyPizzaBowl #madewithmccain