1 tbsp oil
chopped 3 cloves garlic,
crushed 500g mince
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tin (410g) chopped tomato
1 cup beef stock
1 cup McCain Diced Carrots,
frozen 1 tbsp chutney
1 cup McCain Garden Peas
Salt and pepper, to season
1½ cups grated cheese
1 packet (415g) McCain Smiles
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onions for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
3. Turn the heat to a high and add the mince to the same pan, stirring until browned. Stir in the tomato paste.
4. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, beef stock, carrots and chutney and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
5. Add the frozen peas to the mince and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon the cooked mince into a baking dish, sprinkle with the grated cheese and top with a layer of McCain Smiles.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the Smiles are crispy and golden.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve while still warm with a dressed garden salad.
9. ENJOY with the whole family!!