Roasted Lamb With Carrots & Potatoes
500g McCain Baby Carrots
1 kg McCain Roasted Potatoes
2,8 kg leg of lamb with bone
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
60 ml (¼ cup) prepared mustard
5 cloves garlic, cracked
3 sprigs of rosemary
30ml (2 tablespoons) cornflour
Prep Time: 10 - 15min
Total Time: 4 hours
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits in the top of the meat.
- Put the meat in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and spread mustard over the whole leg. Press the garlic cloves into the slits. Chop the rosemary finely and sprinkle over the meat.
- Baste the leg with olive oil and transfer to the oven.
- Baste the meat from time to time with the pan juices that forms while it’s cooking.
- Put the carrots and potatoes in the oven with the leg an hour before cooking time ends and baste with the pan juices. Cook until crisp.
- Remove the meat from the oven, place meat with potatoes and carrots on a serving platter. Reserve the pan juices. Place the pan juice in a small pot, add some boiling water if needed, whisk in the corn flour and bring to a simmer until it thickens.
- Pour through a sieve and serve with the leg of lamb. Carve the meat and serve with the carrots and potatoes and gravy.
Photo & Recipe: @Apriena (on Instagram) [CREDIT]
#Baby Carrots #Roasted Potato #lamb
Variations, Hints and Tips
This Festive Menu 1 is an ideal Festive Family Meal consisting of 4 dishes:
Peri-Peri Prawns & Tempura Vegetables
Roasted Leg of Lamb with Carrots & Potatoes
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
Savoury Rice and Creamed Spinach.