Rice Paper Rolls & Peanut Satay
Rice vermicelli noodles
Fresh mint, chopped
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh lime juice
30g peanuts, roasted and chopped
12 rice paper sheets
For the Peanut Satay
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
2 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
1 red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded for less heat)
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp castor sugar
1 cup coconut cream
100g peanut butter
20g roasted peanuts, chopped
1 lime, squeezed
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
For the Peanut Satay:
- Heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the shallots and fry until lightly golden. Stir in the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further minute.
- Add the soy sauce and castor sugar, allow to reduce slightly. Add the coconut cream.
- Cook for two minutes and then add the peanut butter along with the chopped peanuts, stir to combine. Remove from the heat and add fresh lime juice to taste. Set aside.
For the Rice Paper Rolls:
- Place the rice vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 4 - 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, stir through a few drops of sesame oil and set aside.
- Add some vegetable oil to a hot pan and briefly fry the McCain Stir fry mix from frozen until just cooked, set aside to cool.
- Mix the cooled veggies together with the chopped herbs and the chopped peanuts followed by some fresh lime juice. Season to taste and set aside.
- Fill a deep bowl with warm water. Dip a rice paper roll in the water briefly. Lay the softened rice paper sheet on a plate. Brush some peanut sauce on the top of the sheet.
- Place some of the vegetable mix, followed by some of the rice vermicelli. Hold the edge closest to you, fold it over the vegetable mixture, the fold over each side and continue to roll as tightly as possible until you have a compact rice paper roll.
- Serve fresh with peanut dipping sauce on the side.
Photo & Recipe: @Apriena (on Instagram) [CREDIT]
#Asian Stir Fry #peanut #rice paper #spring roll
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.
Variations, Hints and Tips
We used this compact Philips Viva Collection Blender to add a real smoothness to our Peanut Satay Sauce.
CLICK HERE to get more details about this Philips Viva Collection Blender