3 cups McCain Cauliflower Florets blanched in hot water for 6 minutes.
4 tablespoon Butter, unsalted.
3 tablespoon All purpose flour.
2 cups Hot milk.
½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg.
1 cup Grated cheddar cheese.
½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese.
¼ cup Bread crumbs.
½ teaspoon Salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Blanch the McCain Cauliflower Florets in a large bowl of boiling salted water for 3- 4 minutes, until tender but still firm – Drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Add hot milk and stir until it boils. Allow boiling while whisking constantly, for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Take off the heat, add salt, pepper, nutmeg, half a cup of cheddar cheese, and Parmesan.
- Pour half of the sauce on the bottom of an 8 by 11 by 2-inch baking dish. Place the drained cauliflower and spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining half a cup of cheese and sprinkle on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the gratin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is browned.