Carrot Cake Muffins
200g McCain Baby Carrots
160g butter, melted and cooled slightly
260g cake flour
40g corn flour (Maizena)
7,5 ml baking powder
10 ml cinnamon
40g pecan nuts
150g white sugar
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
Zest of 1 orange
Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
55g butter (softened)
100g medium-fat smooth cream cheese
Grated zest of 1 orange
12 medium muffins or 8 American size muffins
Prep Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 - 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a 6 cup American muffin pan with paper casings.
- Place the frozen McCain Baby Carrots in a small microwavable bowl and top with cling wrap. Cook in the microwave from frozen for 3 - 4 minutes or until just soft. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled carrots in the bowl of a food processor and add the cooled melted butter. Pulse the carrots with the butter until a smooth purée form.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the sugar in a mixing bowl, mix through and set aside until needed.
- Combine the sugar, eggs and zest in a bowl. Mix until light and fluffy with an electric hand mixer. Add the milk and mix through. Add the carrot purée to the egg mixture and mix through.
- Fold the dry ingredient mixture through the egg mixture until well mixed but do not over mix.
- Ladle the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a testing needle comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Combine all the ingredients for the icing in a medium bowl and mix through with an electric hand mixer.
- Spread the icing on the muffins and enjoy.
Photo & Recipe: @Apriena (on Instagram) [CREDIT]
#Baby Carrots #muffin
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.