1 small onion (chopped)
15 ml cooking oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 fresh chilli (seeded and chopped)
1 sprig fresh thyme (leaves picked)
1 kg cherry tomatoes (halved)
2 x 410 g can baked beans
12 x McCain Rosti Rounds
4 fresh eggs (fried)
Butter (for frying)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to season)
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, sauté the onions in oil with the garlic, chilli and thyme for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper, then stir the baked beans and heat through.
- Fry the McCain Rosti Rounds until golden and drain on paper towel. Now divide tomato sauce between 4 warmed skillets. Place the McCain Rosti Rounds around the side in each skillet, leaving space for the egg. Keep warm.
- Fry the eggs in butter, then season and place into the skillets.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Add 100 g sliced chorizo sausage to the onions when making the sauce for a smoky spicy flavour.
- Top the egg with grated Mozzarella and gratinate for a cheesy alternative.
- Replace the chilli with basil pesto before serving.