2L cooking oil (sunflower or canola) for frying
50g Nacho chips
20g grated cheddar cheese
For the guacamole:
1/2 ripe avocados (peeled, pitted, halved)
10ml fresh lime juice, plus extra to serve
30ml small red onion, finely chopped
5ml fresh garlic clove, crushed
5ml jalapeño chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
Salt and crushed black pepper
For the salsa:
20g coarsely chopped cocktail tomatoes
30ml McCain Cut Corn, defrosted and drained
5ml finely chopped jalapeño chili
10ml finely chopped red onion
A small handful fresh coriander, chopped
Pinch of salt
5ml lime juice
A small handful of fresh coriander leaves
¼ of a lime
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- For the guacamole: In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocado and lime juice with a fork until almost smooth. Add the red onion, garlic and chilli, season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to mix well, set aside until needed.
- For the salsa: Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, drizzle lime juice over.
- For the Nachos: Preheat oven to 200˚C. Spread the nachos on a small non-stick baking sheet; sprinkle cheese over, bake for 10 minutes (or until the cheese has melted). While the nachos are baking,
- In a large saucepan, heat cooking oil to 175˚C and deep-fry the P!CKERS Jalapeño Poppers from frozen in it for 3½ minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon, set aside and allow to drain on kitchen paper towel.
- Remove the nachos from oven, placing the Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers on top. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and lime wedges, serve with the guacamole and salsa.