30 ml soy sauce
15 ml Sriracha sauce
15 ml honey
5 ml rice wine vinegar
1 cm piece ginger (chopped)
3 spring onions (finely sliced)
560 g (140 g x4) salmon (diced into 2cm cubes)
600 g Jasmine rice (cooked as per instructions on pack)
10 cm cucumber (peeled into ribbons)
250 g McCain Whole Green Beans (cooked and refreshed in ice water)
2 avocados (sliced)
Sesame seeds (toasted for garnish)
1 Nori sheet (crushed into bite size pieces)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger and spring onions until combined. Add in the salmon, toss through and cover.
- Marinate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls, top each bowl with cucumber ribbons and Mc Cain Whole Green Beans.
- Drain the marinated salmon (keep the marinade as a dressing) and top each bowl with salmon, followed by a few slices of avocado, sesame seeds and Nori flakes.
- Spoon a little marinade over each bowl before serving.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- For a lighter meal, replace the salmon with 2 x cans of drained tuna and use the marinade as a dressing.
- For a lower GI alternative, replace the Jasmine rice with cooked brown rice.
- Use soft poached eggs for a brunch alternative to replace the fish, and use marinade as a dressing.