McCain Smiles & Grilled Sandwiches
16 McCain Smiles (defrosted)
80 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
5 ml dried parsley
4 Rosa tomatoes (sliced)
Salt and white pepper (to taste)
- Toss the cheese and dried parsley together into a small mixing bowl. Keep mix aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and then place McCain Smiles onto baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes. Top half of the McCain Smiles with cheese and some tomato slices, season and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Sandwich together with the remaining McCain Smiles and place back into the oven for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tomato sauce or mayonnaise.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Add drained tuna and mayonnaise to the cheese mix as an alternative.
- Serve these sandwiches open, garnished with chives for a fun lunch for a kiddies event.
- Make these sandwiches using a chicken and mayonnaise mix.