30ml olive oil
2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
30ml brown sugar
125ml apple cider vinegar
125ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
125ml tomato puree
150ml soya sauce
15ml Worcestershire sauce
5ml smoked paprika
Servings500ml serves 8
- Fry the onions in the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until caramelized and golden, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and chillies and fry until soft.
- Add the brown sugar and honey and allow the sugar to melt. Add the apple cider vinegar, mix through and allow to reduce.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato puree, stir through. Let it simmer for 10minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce and smoked paprika. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until thick and shiny.
- Let the mixture cool down and serve with loads of McCAIN CRISPERS.