1,2kg deboned pork neck
30ml olive oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced into thick rings
15ml fennel seed
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 sweet corns on the cob, grilled on a griddle pan
250ml BBQ sauce (recipe above)
60g mozzarella, sliced thickly
60ml soured cream or crème fraiche
1 fresh jalepeno chilli, sliced
Fresh coriander to serve
Lime wedges to serve
ServingsServes 4 - 6
- Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole over high heat.
- Rub the pork neck with salt, fennel seeds and black pepper.
- Brown the pork neck on all sides. Add the onions to the casserole and place the pork on top of the onions. Simmer over low heat for 3 hours, turning every hour.
- In the mean-time grill the corn on a griddle pan until they are soft. Set aside until needed.
- When the pork is done, let it cool down. Pull the meat into threads using two forks.
- Pre-heat the grill of the oven.
- Place 400g of the pork in a medium mixing bowl and add the BBQ sauce, cut the corn of from the husks and add to the pork, mix it through. Spoon the pulled pork into an oven proof serving dish. Top with the mozzarella slices and place under the grill to melt. Remove from the oven.
- Top with dollops of sour cream, the fresh jalepeno chilli slices and fresh coriander. Serve with loads of McCAIN V-CRISPERS.