Breakfast Kota with McCain Slap Chips
4 freshly baked miniature farm loaves (tops removed and hollowed out)
150g / 8 rashers of streaky bacon
300 g McCain Slap Chips
80 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
4 fresh eggs (poached)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Mango atchar (for serving)
- Preheat a deep-fryer to 180°C and an oven to 160°C.
- Place the streaky bacon on a baking paper lined tray, arranged in a single layer. Cook until crispy and golden (about 15 minutes).
- Fry the McCain Slap Chips until golden then drain on paper towel and season with salt.
- Poach 4 eggs individually to preference.
- Hollow out mini loaves, layer 20 g of cheese per each loaf, lay bacon over the cheese, divide the hot McCain Slap Chips into the hollowed loaves, top each with the poached egg, season and serve warm.
- Top each kota with the bread lid and serve hot with mango atchar as a dip.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Replace the bacon with slices of smoked chicken or macon for a pork free alternative.
- Alternatively, serve kota with tomato sauce.
- Use a traditional bread loaf cut in 4 or bread rolls and hollowed out if mini loaves are not available.