Breakfast Hash Brown Pizzas
- 12 McCain Triangle Hash Browns
- 180 g Mozzarella cheese
- 10 ml dried oregano
- 10 ml dried basil
- 15 Kalamata olives (pips removed and roughly chopped)
- 100 g cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 110 g bacon jam (see method below)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chives (finely chopped for garnish)
ServingsMakes 12 (serves 4)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, herbs, olives, tomatoes, bacon, jam and seasoning.
- Preheat the grill.
- Deep fry the McCain Triangle Hash Browns and drain on paper towel.
- Place the McCain Triangle Hash Browns onto an oven rack on a baking tray, top with the cheese mixture and grill until cheese has become golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the grill, garnish with chives and serve warm.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Remove the olives and basil and add in chopped pickled Jalapeño chillies and 125 ml McCain Cut Corn for a Mexican pizza.
- Serve the breakfast pizzas with a poached quail egg for breakfast canapés.
- Pre-make the cheese mix and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days for a quick and easy breakfast option.
- For the bacon jam: In a food processor chop 1 kg of bacon, place into a large saucepan with 375 ml red wine vinegar, 200 g sugar, 10 ml salt and 5 ml ground white pepper. Allow to simmer on a medium to low heat until the liquid has reduced into a sticky jam looking consistency. Then allow to cool in a container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 months.