Red Pepper Hummus, Olive And Bruschetta Topped With McCain Cheese Shotz
1 medium sour dough baguette or ciabatta, sliced into 1cm slices
30 ml olive oil
Red pepper Hummus
1 large red pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
50 ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 x 410 g canned chickpeas
1 lemon, zested and juiced
30 g feta cheese, crumbled
100 g green olives with pimento, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
24 McCain Cheese Shotz x (2 per slice), cooked as per instructions on pack
Wild Rocket, to garnish
Serving Size: 4 (12 slices)
- For the Red Pepper Hummus, in a large non-stick saucepan char the red pepper cubes until slightly softened. Place directly into a food processor with the olive oil, garlic, chickpeas, and lemon juice. Pulse until a chunky paste is reached. Adjust the seasoning with lemon juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a flat top or griddle pan, brush olive oil onto the bruschetta. Lightly toast and remove from heat.
- Top the lightly toasted bruschetta with a heaped teaspoon of red pepper hummus, top with sliced olives and then with two McCain Cheese Shotz.
- Garnish with wild rocket. Serve immediately.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Alternatively, use a shop bought red pepper hummus.
- Olive Tapenade can be used as an alternative to the Hummus; topped with sliced sweet piquant peppers and McCain Cheese Shotz.
- Keep red pepper Hummus in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.