Phyllo Cups With Camembert Bites And Caramelised Onion
For the Cups
6 phyllo sheets
½ cup melted butter
For the Camembert & Caramelised Onion
2 tbsp olive oil
3 large red onions sliced
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 6
For the Cups
- Preheat oven to 180 deg, place a sheet of phyllo greaseproof. Lightly brush with butter, then place another sheet on top, repeat layering until you have 3 sheets stacked up.
- Use a sharp knife, cut the stack into 12 equal. Press each piece into the cups of a muffin pan. Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven, let cool for a few minutes then remove phyllo cups from the tin.
For the Camembert & Caramelised Onions
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions with a and cook slowly for 10 - 15 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking or burning until they become soft and golden.
- Add the sugar and vinegar to give them a sweet, slightly sharp chutney. Keep cooking on a low heat for another 5 mins, stirring occasionally until the mix is sticky, the sugar has dissolved and the vinegar has reduced. Set aside, then Cook the camembert according to the packaging instructions. Fill the phyllo cups with the camembert bites then spoon over the caramelized onion.