Mozza Melters Mediterranean Salad
¼ aubergine (egg plant)
3 x ¼ of different coloured sweet peppers (red, yellow and green)
15ml olive oil (divided into 3)
30g cherry tomatoes from the vine
2L Cooking Oil (sunflower or canola) for deep frying
A small handful of rocket leaves, rinsed & dried
7,5ml balsamic vinegar
Serving Size: 1
- Preheat oven to 190˚C. Cut the aubergine into thick slices. Place on a plate, sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to extract some of the moisture.
- In the meantime, remove the white membranes and pips from the peppers. Place the peppers in a medium roasting tin, seasoning with salt and drizzling one-third of the olive oil over, and tossing through. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Dab the aubergine slices dry with kitchen paper towel, add to the peppers in the roasting tin; drizzle with olive oil, roast for further 20 minutes before finally adding the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with your final portion of olive oil, and roast for 10 minutes until the tomatoes start blistering. Remove from oven.
- In the meantime, heat the cooking oil to 175˚C in a large saucepan, deep-fry the P!CKERS Mozza Melters for 4 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon, allow to drain on kitchen paper towel.
- Ladle the roasted vegetables into a serving dish, drizzling with balsamic vinegar and scattering the rocket leaves on top. Top the salad with the warm McCain Pickers Mozza Melters and serve immediately.