60ml Butter Melted
1 Teaspoons Sugar
Pinch of Salt
50g Yellow Cornmeal
50g All-Purpose Flour
30ml Coarsely Snipped Fresh Basil
Salt & Black Pepper for taste
Feta, Chopped Tomato and Basil for garnishing (optional)
Cooking Time: 1hr: 45 minutes
For the Cornmeal crust:
- In medium bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium high speed for 30sec, add sugar and salt.
- Beat in one egg until combined.
- Add in cornmeal and flour, form dough into a disc and wrap in plastic.
- Chill for 30-60 minutes or until flexible
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Pat dough into bottom and sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press evenly into bottom and sides with a small glass.
- Line pastry with double thickness of foil and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake 4-6 minutes ore.
For the Tart Mix:
- In medium bowl, whisk egg and stir in the corn gradually, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until set. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove sides from pan to serve. Sprinkle with tomato, additional basil and crumbled feta.
Want the Inside Track on Business Tips, New Products, Menu Inspirations & Toolkits?