1 Cup McCain Cauliflower Florets
1 Cup McCain Broccoli Florets
1 Cup McCain Sweet Corn
1 Cup McCain Baby Peas
1 Cups McCain French Stir Fry
12-15 Sheets Pre-cooked Lasagne
1 Litre Milk
1 Garlic Clove
30ml White Wine Vinegar
200ml Double Cream
1 Can Tomato & Onion mix
5ml Tomato Paste
1 Teaspoon Garlic Flakes
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil or Oreganum
80ml Worcestershire Sauce
1 Packet Cream of Tomato Soup
Salt and Pepper to taste
300g Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
300g Cheddar Cheese, Grated
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 -30 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
- Combine the milk, onion, garlic and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Take off the heat and allow to come to room temperature before straining all flavourants
- In large saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour to make a soft paste. Slowly add the flavoured milk bit by bit, stirring vigorously to avoid lump formation.
- Simmer over a medium heat, stirring continuously for about 10minutes or until the flour has cooked out and the sauce is thick and velvety. It should coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar and cream.
- Strain through a sieve to remove any lumps
- In a separate pot, mix the tomato and onion mix, tomato paste, garlic dried basil, Worcestershire sauce, tomato soup and water.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook while stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, peas and corn to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 8 -10 minutes until warned through.
- In a large frying pan, cook the French Stir Fry mix as per the packaging instruction.
- In an oven proof serving dish, build the Lasagne by layering the 4 elements starting with a sheet of lasagne, then the tomato mix, another lasagne sheet followed by the stir fry mix and the white sauce.
- Once all layers have been completed. Allow the dish to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and gratinate or bake at 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and “oozy”