400 grams McCain Sweet Potato
400 grams hake fillets cooked
1 small red onion diced
Bunch of spring onions
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Small bunch of coriander shopped
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup flour
1 cup Breadcrumbs
Oil for frying / or use air fryer
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and roast the sweet potato until soft, about 20 minutes
- Once soft mash the sweet potato with some butter and adjust seasoning
- Fry the red onion and spring onions with garlic flakes and chili flakes and set aside
- Flake the cooked fish and combine with mashed sweet potato
- Add the lemon juice, cooked onions and spring onions, chopped coriander, cumin powder, salt and pepper – mix well and shape into balls and flatten to form fish cake patties
- Dip in flour then beaten egg followed by the breadcrumbs
- Preheat Air Fryer to 200 degrees and fry for 15 minutes or heat oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the fish cakes in batches until golden brown and crispy
- Serve with McCain Garden Peas, Chips and Salad
- Enjoy with your family.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @Apriena (on Instagram)
#madewithmccain #mccainfrozenveg #sweetpotatoes #frozenpotatoes #frozenveg #goodfood #planetfriendlyfood
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our ONLINE COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.