2 cups of McCain Sweet Potato
1 cup of McCain Garden Spinach
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
1 green chilli chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 sachet of concentrated liquid vegetable stock
4 cups of hot water
1 teaspoon of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of leaf masala
¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of thyme
½ teaspoon of basil
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 can of white bean drained and washed
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 -15 minutes
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pot on medium to high heat.
2. Add the onion and braise until golden brown.
3. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and chillies and sauté until the tomatoes are soft.
5. Add one sachet of liquid vegetable stock to a separate jug and add one cup of hot water
and stir. Add this to the pot.
6. Add the sweet potatoes and spinach to the pot. Add the remaining 3 cups of hot water.
7. Add salt, paprika, leaf masala, ground cinnamon, thyme, basil and leaves of the rosemary to the pot, stir.
8. Once the sweet potatoes are semi soft, add the white beans and cook until the sweet potatoes are completely soft. Stew is ready to serve.
Serve with McCain Texan BBQ Oven Chips and McCain Savoury Rice on the side
Recipe & Photo Credit: @sugarybakedgoodness