2 cups of McCain Asian Stir Fry mix
1 cup of soya mince
1 ½ cup of hot boiling water
4 tablespoon of coconut oil
½ red onion chopped into strips
1 jalapeno sliced (optional)
2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
2 teaspoons of stir fry spice
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 tablespoon of soy sauce
Handful of bean sprouts
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Prep Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Serves: 4 -6
- Add the soya mince to a bowl and add the boiling hot water. Soak for about 3 minutes. After 3 minutes strain the soya mince (this is to drain the excess water).
- Melt the coconut oil in a wok and add the jalapeno and onions. Stir fry it until the onions are semi golden brown.
- Add the garlic and stir until golden brown.
- Add the stir fry spice, paprika and turmeric and allow to fry in the oil for a couple of seconds.
- Add the soy sauce and stir fry it.
- Add the frozen Asian stir fry mix and stir fry until semi soft.
- Add the soya mince and continue to stir fry.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Add sesame seeds for garnish.
- Your stir fry is ready to serve on pita or roti.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @sugarybakedgoodness