1 packet (415g) McCain Smiles
1 cup McCain Diced Carrots
1 cup McCain Garden Peas
1 tbsp oil
chopped 3 cloves garlic,
crushed 500g mince
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tin (410g) chopped tomato
1 cup beef stock
1 tbsp chutney
Salt and pepper, to season
1½ cups grated cheese
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 -25 minutes
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onions for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat to a high and add the mince to the same pan, stirring until browned. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, beef stock, carrots and chutney and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the frozen peas to the mince and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cooked mince into a baking dish, sprinkle with the grated cheese and top with a layer of McCain Smiles.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the Smiles are crispy and golden.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve while still warm with a dressed garden salad.
- ENJOY with the whole family!!
CLICK HERE to watch the video on how to make this family favourite :)