3 cups McCain Pumpkin Chunks, seasoned with sugar and cinnamon and parboiled.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour.
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda.
½ teaspoon baking powder.
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
¾ cup brown sugar.
2 large eggs, lightly beaten.
1teaspoon vanilla extract.
1 cup chopped walnuts.
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Serves: Batch of 12
- Preheat the oven to 200*c.
- Prepare two muffin pans with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash McCain butternut chunks until small visible chunks remain. Add in butter, brown sugar and stir until well combined. Stir in beaten eggs, vanilla and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- Combine wet and dry mixture, do not over-mix. Add in nuts and stir to combine.
- Divide batter between muffin cups. Place in oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean, and tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 4 -5 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and serve.
Spread with margarine or apricot jam – enjoy.