2 Cups McCain Mixed Vegetables
1 Cup McCain Baby Peas
6 – 8 Chicken Thighs, skin on
1 Teaspoon Curry Power
1 Teaspoon Chicken Spice
½ Teaspoon Chilli Powder
½ Teaspoon Coriander Powder
½ Teaspoon Pepper
2 Cans Tomato and Onion Mix
1 Chicken Stock Cube dissolved in 2 cups of Boiling Water
2 Cups Uncooked Rice
2 Bay Leaves
1 Can Brown Lentils, Drained
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 -50 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Marinade the chicken thighs in the curry powder, chicken spice, chilli powder, corianderpowder, pepper and oil.
- In a large oven-proof serving dish pour the uncooked rice and drained lentils, mixing the two well.
- Top the rice with the Frozen Vegetables and then with the tinned tomato.
- Pack the chicken thighs tightly on top of the rice mix.
- Gently pour the stock liquid to cover the chicken pieced by 1/3. Be careful not to wash off the spice marinade.
- Put a lid or tinfoil over the serving dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid/foil and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is golden and crispy.
Note: Should the moisture evaporate before the rice is cooked, additional water can be added to the roast.