For the Pork Belly:
1 kg pork belly
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons ground fennel
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoons white vinegar
For the Asian Spinach:
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned brown oil
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
Download the Philips NutriU App to get the most out of your Philips Airfryer!
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Serves: 4 -5
Click here to see the video recipe on our YouTube Channel
For the Pork:
- Dry the skin of the pork with a paper towel
- Next flip the pork so the skin side is down.
- Make shallow cuts perpendicular to the meat being sure not to cut through the skin layer.
- In a small bowl mix spices and salt and pepper.
- Season just the meat side of the pork belly with the spice mix.
- Flip and place the pork belly skin side up on a piece of foil.
- Fold the four sides of the foil up to create a tray to hold the pork juices in.
- Brush with white vinegar to help dry out the skin for the perfect crackling.
- Place the pork belly in the Philips Smart Sensing XXL Airfryer and cook at 100℃ for 30 minutes.
- This will help to dry out the skin and create a more crispy skin.
- Once the skin has dried, open up the Airfryer and remove the pork belly.
- Brush the skin with a thin layer of oil and then season with salt.
- Increase the heat of the Airfryer to 200℃ and cook for another 40 minutes.
- The pork will be juicy with the most amazing crackling.
For the Asian Inspired Spinach:
- In a pan place your garden spinach and cool until defrosted and warmed through.
- Then add the sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir well and serve.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
For the Oven Chips:
- Add your frozen McCain Crispy Oven Chips Sea Salt and Black Pepper Flavour into the Philips Smart Sensing XXL Airfryer and cook at 200℃ for 12 minutes, shaking the basket half way through cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from the Airfryer, serve and enjoy with friends & family.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @jsomethingmusic
#porkbellyandchips #AirfryerRecipes #PhilipsAirfryer #madewithmccain
Variations, Hints and Tips
J'Something prepared this delicious dish with a Philips Premium XXL Smart Sensing Airfryer
Maximum taste, minimum fat. Effortlessly.
The new Philips Airfryer XXL does the thinking and cooking for you.With Smart Sensing technology, it is the only Airfryer that automatically adjusts time and temperature during cooking for perfectly cooked dishes. Select and enjoy every bite!