2 cups of McCain Diced Sweet Potato
2 cups of McCain Peas, Carrots & Corn Mix
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
1 tomato chopped
1 sachet of concentrated liquid vegetable stock
4 cups of boiling hot water
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of parsley
1 sprig of fresh rosemary (or dried)
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of tomato paste
½ teaspoon of crushed chili
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 cup of coconut milk
1 can of chickpeas drained and washed
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 -15 minutes
Melt the coconut oil to the pot on medium to high heat and add the onions. Braise until golden brown.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes to the pot and sauté until soft.
4. Add the concentrated liquid vegetable stock to a separate jug and add 1 cup of boiling hot water, stir and then add to the pot.
5. Add the sweet potatoes to the pot.
6. Add the peas, carrots and corn to the pot.
7. Add the rest of the water to the pot.
8. Add thyme, basil, parsley, leaves of the rosemary, paprika, turmeric, tomato paste, crushed chili, salt and black pepper. Cook until the carrots and sweet potato are semi soft.
9. Then in a separate jug add 2 teaspoon of cornstarch to 1 cup of coconut milk and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved (if it hasn't dissolved completely, that's ok, it'll cook away). Add this to the pot.
10. Add the chickpeas and cook until the sweet potatoes and carrots are completely soft, make sure you stir occasionally as the cornstarch thickens the stew and sticks to the pot.
Stew is ready to serve.
If it gets too thick, add a little water.
Photo & Recipe Credit: @sugarybakedgoodness