300g McCain Diced Beetroot, cooked from frozen and cooled
200g milk chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g castor sugar
3 large eggs
100g self-raising flour
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp red food colouring (optional)
100g white chocolate, chopped (optional)
50g walnuts, chopped (optional)
Cream cheese frosting
65g Cream cheese
250g Icing sugar
½ tsp Vanilla extract
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Servings: 9 -12
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 20 cm square tin with grease proof or baking paper.
- Blitz the cooled McCain Diced Beetroot until smooth, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl and stir until melted and runny.
Add the eggs, vanilla, sugar and mix until well combined, then add the beetroot puree and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder, followed by the white chocolate and walnuts (if using). Stir until just combined and then spoon into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set, they should be firm in the middle. Leave to cool.
- To make the cream cheese icing:
Beat the butter and cream cheese together until creamy. Add vanilla extract and salt and stir until well combined. With mixer on low, gradually add icing sugar until completely combined.
Coat the Red Velvet Brownies with the icing, allow to set in the fridge before slicing into squares and enjoy!
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL
Variations, Hints and Tips
We used this compact Philips Food Processor to get the perfect consistency on our Diced Beetroot for these delicious Red Velvet Brownies.
CLICK HERE to get more details about this must-have-tool for your kitchen.