4 tbsp coconut oil
700g lamb mince
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
½ cup vegetable stock
1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prep Time: 15 -20 min
Cooking Time: 60 min
- Return the mince to the pot and add the vegetable stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- Taste for seasoning then allow to cook until the stock has reduced.
- In a food processor, pulse the frozen McCain Mixed Veg until a coarse texture is obtained.
- Add 50 g butter and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a pan, then fry the pulsed vegetables and frozen McCain"Delish"Mashed Butternut"for 15–20 minutes, until they take on some colour.
- Using a masher, mash the vegetables.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Tip the mince mixture into an oven-proof dish. Top with the mashed butternut and vegetables, making sure to create peaks with the mashed vegetables that will crisp and caramelise when baked.
- Melt 10 g of butter and, using a pastry brush, brush the top of the mashed vegetables with butter.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until the peaks are caramelised.
Click here and see how to make more of our delicious "madewithmccain" recipes in our YouTube Playlist
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.