Hake Fillets & Slap Chips
For the Fish & Chips
- 600 g Sea Harvest Fish Friday
- 500 g McCain Slap Chips
- 2 L sunflower oil malt vinegar
For the Tartare Sauce
- ½ C (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) wholegrain mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) baby capers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) chives, chopped
- 5 baby gherkins, diced
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Add all the ingredients for the tartar sauce to a bowl and mix to combine. Cover and pop in the fridge to chill.
Fish & Chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Place the Fish Friday on a baking tray from frozen and bake until golden and crispy.
- Heat the frying oil in a large pot over high heat, if you have a digital thermometer, the oil should reach 145 ºC.
- Add the McCains Slap Chips and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chips from the oil and place into a bowl that has a lid. Season with salt, pepper and a good glug of malt vinegar. Close the lid and let the chips steam for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve Fish Friday with slap chips and tartar sauce on the side.
Variations, Hints and Tips
To watch the video on how to make this recipe - click here to visit our YouTube channel