4 cups of frozen McCain Baby Peas
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
1 sachet of concentrated liquid vegetable stock
1 medium potato peeled and cut into quarters
4 cups of hot water
1 celery stick chopped
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon of dried basil
250ml of coconut milk
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
1. Melt the coconut oil on medium to high heat, add the onions and sauté until soft.
2. Add crushed garlic and allow to sauté for a few seconds.
3. Add the liquid stock to one cup of hot water and stir. Add this to the pot.
4. Add the potatoes and celery to the pot.
5. Add 2 cups of hot water to the pot with salt and black pepper. Cook the potatoes until it's soft.
6. Add the baby peas, some leaves of the rosemary, dried basil and 3 cloves. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
7. After 5-7 minutes switch the stove off and allow the soup to cool.
8. Once the soup has cooled, use an immersion stick and blend the soup until smooth. Add the coconut milk and blend again until the coconut milk is fully mixed. The soup is ready to serve.
Recipe and Photo credit: @sugarybakedgoodness