500g McCain Diced Potatoes
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 Cups of red dhal
4 Cups vegetable stock or water
3 Tbsp oil
1 whole clove
2 tsp each, finely grated garlic and ginger
1 cinnamon stick
2 tsp of each, turmeric, chilli, cumin, coriander and garam masala
½ onion ,finely minced
1 tomato, de-seeded and finely cubed
2 Tbsp fresh coriander chopped
3 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
Prep Time: 10 -15 min
Cooking Time: 15 -20 min
Serves: 4 - 6
- Microwave McCain Diced Potatoes as per packet instructions and set aside.
- To a large pot, add the cinnamon stick, clove, stock, dhal and cook until tender.
- Once cooked, remove the cinnamon stick and clove and strain, reserving the liquid.
- Place the dhal in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth using a hand stick blender or place the dhal into a food processor.
- In a medium pot, heat the oil to a medium-high heat, add the onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and spices, cook until fragrant.
- Add the cooked McCain Diced Potatoes to the dhal and simmer for a few minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the sambal, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and serve along with toasted naan bread.