150g McCain Potato Crispers
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
3 cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
½ a red chilli, finely chopped
2 tsp Curry powder
375ml quality mayonnaise
Fresh Coriander to serve
60g cake flour for dusting
500 ml sunflower oil for frying
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Fry the onions for 2 minutes in the oil.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chill and fry for another 2 minutes until soft and flavourful.
- Add the curry powder and cook out for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the onion mixture aside to cool down and mix it through the mayonnaise.
For the crispy onions:
- Preheat the oil in a medium saucepan to 160° Slice the onions in thin rings.
- In a small bowl add the flour and lightly coat the onions in the flour, shake of any excess flour.
- Fry in the fryer for 5minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the crispy onions on top of the curry mayonnaise and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with loads of McCain Crispers
- Enjoy dipping with family and friends.
#McCainCrispers #CurryMayoDip #madewithmccain