Fish & Chips:
1 x 750 g bag McCain Crispy Oven Steakhouse Cut Potato Chips BBQ Flavour
1 x 500 g box Sea Harvest Crisp & Chunky Classic (6 portions)
For the Pineapple Salsa:
3 rings of tinned pineapple
½ C (125 ml) sweet chilli sauce
2 Tbsp (30 ml) tinned pineapple juice
¼ C (60 ml) tomato sauce
¼ C (60 ml) mayonnaise
12 mini pita pockets, warmed
2 C (500 ml) thinly shredded Iceberg lettuce
1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Fish & Chips
- Preheat the oven to 220 ºC.
- Lay frozen Crisp & Chunky fillets onto a baking tray. Spread Crispy Oven Steakhouse Cut Potato Chips evenly in a single layer on a separate baking tray. Place both trays into the oven to cook for 25 minutes. At the halfway mark, turn the baking trays to ensure that they cook evenly. Alternatively, cook in an air fryer for the recommended time.
For the Pineapple Salsa :
- Fry the pineapple rings in a non-stick pan for a few minutes until well caramelised. Remove from the pan and chop the pineapple into small cubes. Mix the chopped pineapple and juice into the sweet chilli sauce and mix to combine .
- Mix the tomato sauce and mayonnaise together in a small bowl to make a pink sauce.
- Slice the Crisp & Chunky fillets in half widthways.
- Slice the warmed pitas open. Give each pita a layer of pink sauce inside, then add a little carrot and lettuce. Insert a piece of fish then add a little pineapple sweet chilli salsa to the top. Serve the pita pockets with crispy oven chips.
Enjoy with your #friendsinyourfreezer