500 ml (285g) McCain Baby Peas
400 g pasta screws
125 ml mayonnaise
125 ml honey and mustard salad dressing
250 g back bacon, finely chopped
½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
½ red pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
25 ml (10 g) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
lemon juice, to taste
- Cook pasta following on pack instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the dressing and mayonnaise until combined. Toss the pasta with the dressing whilst warm.
- Pour boiling water over McCain Peas, allow to stand for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Place bacon in a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until crispy.
- Toss the pasta, bacon, peas, yellow pepper, red pepper, onion and parsley in a large bowl, season and serve.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Alternatively use rice as a wheat free alternative to the pasta.
- Use shredded canned tuna as an alternative to bacon
- Make this recipe for lunch box fillers, picnics and summer lunches. Serve warm for a dinner.