2cups McCain Garden Spinach
1½ cup Risotto rice
200g Exotic mushrooms, roughly chopped
½ Large red onion, finely chopped
4tbsp Olive oil
300ml Fresh cream
100g parmesan cheese
1tbsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- In a large pan heat 2tbsp of olive oil over high heat, add in the mushrooms, cook until golden brown and soft 4-5min. Remove and keep them aside, will be added to the risotto later.
- In the same pan reduce the heat to medium, add 2tbsp of olive oil and onion and fry until translucent.
- Add in garlic powder and risotto rice and stir. Add 2 cup of water and cook until absorbed, stirring constantly
- Add 1 cup of water and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly
- Add the remaining water, ½ cup at a time, stirring nearly constantly until each portion is absorbed before adding the next.
- Add frozen McCain garden spinach, mushrooms, cream, butter, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower the heat and cook for 5-10min, stirring constantly. The risotto should be al dante and have a creamy texture at this point. Serve warm.
- Enjoy with Mom, friends and family.
Recipe and Photo: @sifo_the_cooking_husband (on Instagram)
#MothersDay #Risotto #madewithmccain #GardenSpinach #FrozenAtItsFreshest