Half a bag of McCain Garden Mix
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large onion chopped
1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
1 cup of boiling hot water
2 sachets of concentrated liquid vegetable stock
½ teaspoon of salt 1 teaspoon of paprika
½ teaspoon of black pepper
½ teaspoon of dried parsley
½ teaspoon of dried basil
1 sprig of fresh rosemary (you can use dry rosemary)
½ cup of fresh cream
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese Sprinkle of dried basil for garnish (optional)
Prep Time: 10 -15 min
Cooking Time: 8 -10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to about 180°C. 2.
- Add the olive oil in a pot on a medium to high heat. Then add the onions and braise until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt, paprika, leaf masala, turmeric, black pepper, dried parsley, dried basil and fresh leaves of rosemary. Add a little water if it gets too dry. Keep stirring.
- Add the McCain frozen garden mix and add about ⅓ cup of boiling hot water. Keep stirring. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Then add the fresh cream and stir. Switch the stove off and add this to the ovenproof dish.
- Add the grated cheese on top, make sure it covers the top completely (grate more cheese if needed).
- Place it in the oven for about 10min or until the cheese has melted and the top has a slight golden brown in colour. Your casserole is ready to serve. Sprinkle the dried basil on top of the cheese.
Photo & Recipe Credit: @sugary_baked_goodness