1 cup of McCain Broccoli Florets
1 cup of McCain Cauliflower Florets
4 tablespoons of garlic and olive oil (OR just use olive oil)
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic chopped
2 cups of hot water
Half a cup of chopped mushrooms
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
A handful of spaghetti broken into half
⅓ cup of raw cashew nuts chopped (optional)
1 cup of coconut milk (you can use dairy cream)
1 ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese
Prep Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Serves 4 -6
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium to high heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add half a cup of hot water along with the mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add the salt and black pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes ensuring you stir the pot.
- Add the spaghetti and another half cup of hot water. Add the cashew nuts as well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and keep stirring. Add about ⅓ cups of water at a time to
- prevent it from drying out.
- Then bring the stove to low heat, cover the pot and let it simmer for another 5 minutes or
- until the spaghetti is fully cooked. Add the coconut milk as well.
- Once the spaghetti has been cooled, switch the stove off and add the cheddar cheese.
- Mix it all up and then serve. Add more salt if needed.