400 g McCain Creamed Spinach
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup mixed baby Roma tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 small red onion, diced
1 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup chunky cottage cheese 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated 6 large eggs
¼ cup full cream milk
¼ cup plain yoghurt
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
butter or non-stick spray — to grease
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 23cm-deep baking dish.
- Roast the tomatoes whole with 1 tbsp of olive oil, thyme sprigs and a pinch of salt in a small baking tray for about 5–7 minutes, just until soft.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add in the garlic then cook for a minute before removing from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, yoghurt, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sautéed onions and garlic, frozen McCain
- Creamed Spinach, roasted tomatoes, basil, feta, chunky cottage cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Variations, Hints and Tips
Watch the video on how to make this delicious recipe on our YouTube