For the Chilli Beetroot Pesto:
2 cups of roughly chopped Mc Cain Diced Beetroot, steamed or roasted
1/4 cup walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
Handful of basil
1/2 cup ricotta or cream
2-3 garlic cloves, bruised
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium green chilli
Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- In a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients minus the oil and blend till smooth.
- Leaving the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil until all ingredients are well combined.
- If pesto is too thick, add extra oil or water.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, boil 500g pasta of choice in salted water till al dente.
- Drain and add to a pot with pesto, mixing well till combined.
- (Optional) Add 1/2 cup cream or grated Parmesan for a creamier sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green chilli and Parmesan shavings.