Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Bake the McCain Wedges according to package instructions and set aside
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry the chicken skin side down until browned about 2-3 minutes a side
- Remove the chicken and set aside
- To the same pan, add the onions and garlic and oregano
- Deglaze the pan with a little chicken stock
- Once the onions are cooked add the rest of the stock to the pot and allow to reduce – about 6 minutes
- Add the chicken back into the pot and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes
- Keep checking to make sure the sauce does not dry up- if cooked on low the sauce should be fine, however keep extra stock on the side just in case
- Add the peas and cooked potatoes to the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes
- Enjoy with crusty bread to mop up that delicious sauce
Recipe & Photo Credit: @Apriena (on Instagram)
#madewithmccain #chickenvesuvio #mccainwedges #mccaingreenpeas #frozenveg #goodfood #planetfriendlyfood
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.