2 Cups McCain Savoury Rice
1 Cup McCain Sweet Potato
1 Cup McCain Baby Peas
1 Tin Brown Lentils, drained
500g Chicken Pieces
1 Cup sour milk or buttermilk
1 Tablespoon Mild Curry Powder
1 Teaspoon Ginger Flakes
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
1 White Onion
2 Red Chilli, Finely Chopped
1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1 Cardamom Pod
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Chicken Stock Cube, dissolved in 500ml Hot Water
5g Fresh Coriander, Finely Chopped
2 Tablespoons Crispy Onion Flakes
Prep Time: 25 - 30 minutes
Cooking Time:40 -45 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
- Marinade the Chicken in the sour milk, curry powder, garlic, turmeric and chilli powder for at least 2 hours.
- Fry the onion in a large casserole until caramelised.
- Add fresh chilli, coriander powder, cardamom and cinnamon and sauté until fragrant.
- Remove chicken from marinade and add to the pot and brown the pieces.
- Add stock and remaining marinade and cook with the lid on for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes until fragrant.
- In the meantime, prepare the savoury rice as per the packaging instruction adding the frozen peas during the last 3minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse lentils and mix with the prepared rice.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot.
- Layer the rice and chicken in the pot and sprinkle with coriander and onion flakes before serving.
- Serve with Sambals and Roti