5 cups of McCain Cauliflower Florets
1 cup of McCain Diced Carrots
4 tablespoon coconut oil
1 medium onion chopped
½ teaspoon of crushed garlic
1 sachet of concentrated liquid vegetable stock
4 cups of hot water
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
½ teaspoon of ginger spice
1 teaspoon of dried basil
½ teaspoon of dried thyme
1 cup of coconut milk
1 ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese
Prep Time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot on medium to high heat and sauté the onion until golden brown.
- Add garlic to the pot and stir.
- Add the concentrated vegetable stock to 1 cup of hot water and stir. Add this liquid to the pot.
- Add the carrots to the pot.
- Add salt, black pepper, ginger spice, dried basil and dried thyme to the pot and stir. Cook until the carrots are soft.
- Once the carrots are soft, add the cauliflower florets and cook until soft.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, switch the stove off and allow the soup to cool slightly (it has to be still hot so the cheese can melt).
- Once the soup has been cooled slightly, use an immersion stick to blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and blend until the coconut milk is mixed.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the soup and mix until the cheese has been melted and well blended. The soup is ready to serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @sugarybakedgoodness