200g McCain Baby Carrots
160g butter, melted and cooled slightly
260g cake flour
40g corn flour (Maizena)
7,5 ml baking powder
10 ml cinnamon
40g pecan nuts
150g white sugar
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
Zest of 1 orange
Cream Cheese Icing Recipe:
55g butter (softened)
100g medium-fat smooth cream cheese
Grated zest of 1 orange
Prep Time: 15 -20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 -35 minutes
Servings: 12 medium muffins or 8 American size muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a 6 cup American muffin pan with paper casings.
- Place the frozen McCain Baby Carrots in a small microwavable bowl and top with cling wrap. Cook in the microwave from frozen for 3-4 minutes or until just soft. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled carrots in the bowl of a food processor and add the cooled melted butter. Pulse the carrots with the butter until a smooth purée form.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the sugar in a mixing bowl, mix through and set aside until needed.
- Combine the sugar, eggs and zest in a bowl. Mix until light and fluffy with an electric hand mixer. Add the milk and mix through. Add the carrot purée to the egg mixture and mix through.
- Fold the dry ingredient mixture through the egg mixture until well mixed but do not over mix.
- Ladle the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a testing needle comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Combine all the ingredients for the icing in a medium bowl and mix through with an electric hand mixer.
- Spread the icing on the muffins and enjoy.
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.