McCain Broccoli Florets – 400 grams
1 medium size red onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped roughly
1 small bunch coriander finely chopped
1 tin chickpea drained
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons flour
Oil for frying
Prep Time: 15 -20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 -5 minutes
Serves: Makes 20 -24 portions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Roast the Broccoli for approximately 20 minutes
- Once the broccoli has cooled, transfer the broccoli into a food processor
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the flour and blend well until everything is finely ground
- Add flour to help hold the mixture together
- Heat oil in a pot on medium to high heat and once heated, scoop the mixture and form balls and drop gently into hot oil
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels
- Serve hot with some garlic mayo or sauce of choice
Recipe & Photo Credit: @Apriena
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.