For the Beetroot Hummus:
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 packet McCain Diced Beetroot
2 cloves garlic
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp tahini
3 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cumin powder
For the Flatbread:
2 cups self-raising flour
Good pinch salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup double cream plain yoghurt
For the Lamb:
500g lean lamb mince
1 large onion (sliced)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp ground garlic paste
1 tsp ground green chillies (optional)
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1 Tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp paprika powder 1
/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp lemon juice
For the Yoghurt sauce:
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
Sumac/ Za'atar Spice
Micro Beetroot leaves/ Mint leaves
Prep Time: 15 -20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 - 60 minutes
- Bind the sifted flour and yoghurt by hand, add in oil and tie together. (Do not overwork dough.)
- Divide into 4 and on a lightly floured surface, roll out into medium thick flatbreads.
- Poke all over with a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10min.
- In a pot on medium heat, braise the onion till lightly golden.
- Add in powdered spices, garlic and chillies and braise till fragrant for a few seconds.
- Now add in the washed & drained mince & lemon juice, mix together and braise well.
- Add in half a cup of water & cook till no liquid remains.
- Place the frozen beetroot in a microwave safe bowl, then clingwrap closed and poke a hole in the wrap.
- Cook for 7 1/2 minutes until tender.
- In a food processor, add in the chickpeas, beetroot and all other ingredients to make hummus.
- Blend until smooth
- Spread the hummus onto prepared flatbread bases, then spread on cooked lamb mince.
- Place the pizzas into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle over yoghurt. Then sprinkle over sumac/ za'atar spice.
- Lastly garnish with mint or micro greens, slice and serve.
Variations, Hints and Tips
We used the Philips XYZ Ulti Blender Magic Mixer