2 cups McCain Garden Mix
2 tbsps olive oil.
600g beef, cubed.
1 onion diced
1 clove garlic, crushed.
1 tsp ginger paste.
1 tbsp mild masala curry powder.
2 tomatoes, grated.
1 cup mung beans, pre-boiled.
1 ½ cup beef curry stock, dissolve beef curry stock in hot water.
½ tsp mixed herbs.
Prep Time: 10 -15min
Cooking Time: 20 -25min
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat. Sear beef cubes until they gain colour, season with salt and pepper and remove from the saucepan using a slotted spoon.
- Using the same saucepan, heat the remaining oil, add diced onion, saute until golden brown then add garlic, ginger, curry powder along with beef pieces and fry for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add grated tomatoes, mung beans and simmer on low heat for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add stock, McCain Garden Mix, and simmer on low heat stirring occasionally for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Optional – for a much viscous/thick gravy/sauce, add a teaspoon of chakalaka soup powder.
Serve with herbed creamy samp.